I don't expect me to either...  :-)

I'm just pretty liberal in relation to returns because I want to see
failures so I can improve the design so that it is more robust.    Years
ago the failures were mostly things which provided valuable insight.   As
the design has evolved, it's now at the stage where returns tend to be
lightning related, water related, or no defect found.   The lightning
related failures are now pretty much non-existent in the gigabit injectors
due to analysis of the 10/100 ones.

And even water damage I'd love to see if it was something I could fix.  For
instance if the enclosure was leaking on the syncbox product I'd want those
back for analysis.  Water coming in the cable or standing water in your
enclosure for a syncinjector not so much.