From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:26 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Limelight Networks and TCP congestion control

- 1000

Let me clarify.  Customer has subscribed to a certain speed tier, let's say
5 Mbps.  So LLNW consistently sends 10 Mbps of traffic to this customer,
half of which gets dumped on the floor.  Actually half of the customer's
traffic gets randomly dropped, not just the LLNW traffic.

The #1 problem with this is that one edge provider is inflicting 50% packet
loss on every other edge provider trying to send content to this end
customer.  Everything else the customer tried to do, even loading simple web
pages, was dog slow.  Not because his Internet connection was "slow" or
because his ISP didn't have enough bandwidth.  But because LLNW was crowding
every other provider out.

I don't see how this practice by LLNW is efficient delivery, or how you
interpret this to mean the ISP does not have enough bandwidth.  Unless you
interpret selling different speeds at different prices as not having enough
bandwidth.