The best line, IMO:
"Cattlemen should unite in aiding the enforcement of the law against
carrying of deadly weapons."

So basically, he's saying you shouldn't be allowed to carry. However, he
wants *you* (average cattleman) to enforce this provision... without
carrying. *eyetwitch*

Anyway, I think this is an interesting blurb, but I'm going to have to go
back and check the sources and the context. I've never heard anything like
this before, so it's a bit surprising.