Or you could buck it to 480VAC or more...

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 7/6/2016 9:34 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
240 AC over direct burial romex.  All the power you might want.
*From:* Eric Kuhnke <mailto:eric.kuh...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 06, 2016 10:29 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Practical/low-cost 18AWG copper outdoor
It's looking like $0.25/ft for the cable and the singlemode fiber is less... Also the area is totally filled with trees, trees cannot be cut for various reasons, it's the side of a bluff on a hilltop. Branches and a few things in one particular direction (about 10 degrees of azimuth) would be cut to put in the PTP link. North of 49 latitude.

With DC power over 14AWG it could be enough power for up to 75W of radios on the far end. Off grid solar to do this would be $4000 of panels batteries enclosure, charge controller.

Very challenging site for solar, if you were to camp there you might see 2-3 hours of direct sunlight per day max due to tree shading. On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com <mailto:part15...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    For that amount of cable, at 50 cents a foot, I would probably do
    a small solar setup. What is the latitude?

    bp
    <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>