> You come along and instantly want access and want a third party (lowest
> bidder no less) to decide whether or not you are going to overload my pole?
  Strawman argument. One touch make ready and third party installs do not
preclude proper engineering.
  Also I never said anything about allowing poles to be overloaded.

> And then it fails in an ice storm and FERC is all over my ass?
  This is another deflection. FERC will be all over your ass even if it was you
who built it or if it you who contracted it out. It's no different if it was a
third party contractor. There is a chain of liability and he who is at fault
pays.

> The public does not own the poles.
  Correct.

> They should be grateful that they are even allowed access.
  No. The pole owners should be grateful that they are even allowed in the
public right of way.
  Any infrastructure in the public right of way should be administered in such
a way that it benefits the public. This includes non-discrimination and
enabling competition.

> Pioneer's preference.
  Pioneer's preference rules, which are no longer in force, is a great way of
stifling competition and impeding progress.

> Kinda like I built a toll road.  Now you want to add lanes to the road I
> built?
  I already covered this above, but to go with your analogy, no, you do not get
to have monopoly on toll roads if you built on public land.

> And I get no say as to the engineering?
  You, not so much. Laws, regulations and industry standards, yes.

Jared