Power + fiber is cool and all, but the 1246 brings a cat6 with it. Which is nice because most licensed radios for example have a dedicated 10/100 copper management port.

On 9/18/2016 9:31 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f__mi9wJTI ;-)

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *"George Skorup" <geo...@cbcast.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:29:57 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] DC tower cable bundle

This stuff looks pretty freakin cool...

https://www.shireeninc.com/osc/dfp-1246-data-fiber-power-composite-cable-500ft-spool

On 9/18/2016 9:00 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:

    Superior Essex sells a 16/2 and a 16/4 with outdoor jacket for use
    on towers.
    You could also run a higher gauge wire that will carry the
    necessary total amperage and split it at the top with terminal
    blocks.  You might need something burly for that, like for four
    Telrad 1000 BTS's at 100watts each you'd want at least 6ga THHN
    going up in a 1/2" conduit, and you'd have around 5% heat loss at
    100m.  But that's a smaller footprint on the tower than 16/4 x 4,
    or 16ga THHN x 16.
    My quick figuring with home depot prices says it's cheaper to run
    the pair of 6ga than to run a bundle of 16ga.  If you bump up to
4ga it's still cheaper than running all 16's, but by less margin. The downside of course is that you can't power cycle an individual
    unit, and maintenance (like replacing DC SS) would affect
    everything instead of just the one unit.
    If you did run one big cable up, you'd still need individual
    outdoor jacketed cables to branch out to the base stations.
    I'm not sure of the cost difference vs Superior Essex, but I've
    also seen outdoor speaker wire at 16ga.