From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" <li...@packetflux.com>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:28:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Rise Broadband Speeds

Actually it's more nuanced than that.

Your per-subscriber speed will not change. (Assuming they haven't added a
higher-order modulation here, but I don't remember hearing that they did).

What *is* happening is that the Medusa will permit numerous simultaneous
subscriber streams at the same time, and on the same channel. My recollection
is 'up to 7 simultaneous subscribers', but I'm too lazy today to go look and
verify. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

So, assuming everything is perfect, you can get 7x the throughput in the same
channel width. Reality is never perfect, and Cambium acknowledges this as well
- the actual improvement will depend on the locations and path characteristics
of your customers. I suspect that we'll all be learning what customer spread
works the best....