Why all the anger? It's simply personal preference. Apple has a closed ecosystem. The hardware is tailored to a specific OS and vice-versa. They have full control. This is the reason Apple will always have speed and efficiency advantages. It should go without saying.
Android is an OS built to work for hundreds of different hardware configurations. I find that to be very impressive that it works as well as it does. I think everyone understands the distinction between the two platforms and know what to expect. The argument and comparisons between the two is getting old. Each is a great product in their own right. To get back to the original subject line. I do agree. Google understands they can make a better product if they have more control over the hardware. I don't think anyone can dispute Google intentions in this particular case. On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Travis Johnson <[email protected]> wrote: > You obviously didn't read my message... my point was, in the US market, > which is the "most educated, most advanced" country in the world, Apple has > a 44% marketshare... almost double of the 2nd place phone. > > We can talk "Android" use vs IOS use, but anyone can build and GIVE AWAY > an Operating System... just like starting a company that you don't have to > make a profit... anyone can do that. :) > > Travis > > On 10/5/2016 7:55 PM, Josh Reynolds wrote: > > You have a strong opinion, but it is poorly formed. Apple has a decent > take in the US market, but that's a small percentage of the overall pie. > That's slated to slide more away from Apple given current trends. > > 2nd quarter of this year Android was at 86.2% global smartphone share, and > Apple is losing ground quarter after quarter. > > https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/gartner-androids- > smartphone-marketshare-hit-86-2-in-q2/ > > 87.6 once more results were in: > http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp > > You're entitled to your opinion though, by all means. > > On Oct 5, 2016 8:24 PM, "Travis Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Actually, Apple is the top smartphone in the US... nobody cares about the >> rest of the world... they have 44% marketshare in the US. You know, the >> country where every real Internet and tech company is located... Apple, >> Intel, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, Google, etc. >> >> Take your pick of Android phone... their screen responses all suck >> compared to an iPhone. :) >> >> Travis >> >> >> On 10/5/2016 6:02 PM, Bill Prince wrote: >> >>> It was not me that said that. >>> >>> I don't buy Apple products. Period. I would not get an Apple product if >>> it were free. >>> >>> And there is good reason that most of the people on the planet use a >>> smartphone other than theirs. >>> >>> And a Samsung smartphone is not real Android, so that is a piss poor >>> comparison. >>> >>> >>> bp >>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> >>> >>> On 10/5/2016 3:30 PM, Travis Johnson wrote: >>> >>>> Some people ride a Honda, some people ride a Harley. Some people drive >>>> a Chevy, some people drive a BMW. >>>> >>>> I think it was you that even said "If the price was the same, everyone >>>> would be using an iPhone"... which I honestly believe. I have used a brand >>>> new Samsung phone with Android, and the first thing I noticed is that the >>>> screen response is not the same as an iPhone >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> >
