You've formed this narrative in your head and on this list that overvalues
the importance of the US market, is ignorant of the popularity of android
ROMs, ignores years of market data, and doesn't seem to have a firm grasp
on how the internet and companies in the modern age work. These
SuperOrganisms are very, very global.

I don't disagree that apple is focused around providing an immersive, easy
to use, visually pleasing experience for their end users - they are
excellent at that. In the process, there are tradeoffs.

My phone for me is a tool. I need to be able to check on servers, modify
applications, control upgrades, monitor routers and switches, call people
over LTE and SIP, and use apps that encrypt my phone and communications to
meet the requirements of my clients. I can do all of that with my android
phones easily, without fumbling around. It is a tool. Its a quadcore
microcomputer with multiple types of network connectivity (including
several radios), GPU, storage options, etc. If I can't do what I need to or
want to on it, then it's not valuable to me. To me, apple products are
useless - they don't meet my needs.

Apple products do meet the needs of many, though.

On Oct 6, 2016 9:53 AM, "Travis Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> You obviously didn't read my message... my point was, in the US market,
> which is the "most educated, most advanced" country in the world, Apple has
> a 44% marketshare... almost double of the 2nd place phone.
>
> We can talk "Android" use vs IOS use, but anyone can build and GIVE AWAY
> an Operating System... just like starting a company that you don't have to
> make a profit... anyone can do that.  :)
>
> Travis
>
> On 10/5/2016 7:55 PM, Josh Reynolds wrote:
>
> You have a strong opinion, but it is poorly formed. Apple has a decent
> take in the US market, but that's a small percentage of the overall pie.
> That's slated to slide more away from Apple given current trends.
>
> 2nd quarter of this year Android was at 86.2% global smartphone share, and
> Apple is losing ground quarter after quarter.
>
> https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/18/gartner-androids-
> smartphone-marketshare-hit-86-2-in-q2/
>
> 87.6 once more results were in:
> http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp
>
> You're entitled to your opinion though, by all means.
>
> On Oct 5, 2016 8:24 PM, "Travis Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Actually, Apple is the top smartphone in the US... nobody cares about the
>> rest of the world... they have 44% marketshare in the US. You know, the
>> country where every real Internet and tech company is located... Apple,
>> Intel, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, Google, etc.
>>
>> Take your pick of Android phone... their screen responses all suck
>> compared to an iPhone. :)
>>
>> Travis
>>
>>
>> On 10/5/2016 6:02 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
>>
>>> It was not me that said that.
>>>
>>> I don't buy Apple products. Period. I would not get an Apple product if
>>> it were free.
>>>
>>> And there is good reason that most of the people on the planet use a
>>> smartphone other than theirs.
>>>
>>> And a Samsung smartphone is not real Android, so that is a piss poor
>>> comparison.
>>>
>>>
>>> bp
>>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>>>
>>> On 10/5/2016 3:30 PM, Travis Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>>> Some people ride a Honda, some people ride a Harley. Some people drive
>>>> a Chevy, some people drive a BMW.
>>>>
>>>> I think it was you that even said "If the price was the same, everyone
>>>> would be using an iPhone"... which I honestly believe. I have used a brand
>>>> new Samsung phone with Android, and the first thing I noticed is that the
>>>> screen response is not the same as an iPhone
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>

Reply via email to