7 years!

Who was it that said “at my age I don’t even buy green bananas”?

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2016 4:22 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Will DJT be president

Mormons have been urged to have a year’s worth of food, fuel and money for many
years.  More recently publications have changed that to a 3 months supply.
Originally it was 7 years supply.

But not because of apocalyptic end-times scenario, it was to take care of
ourselves during tough times.  This also includes having a garden, fruit trees,
home production and storage etc etc.  So not officially a “prepper” doctrine
but many Mormons do take it that way.