I have a dialog running with one of them right now and will pose these
questions.

From: Paul McCall
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 4:08 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Donations

Works for me – the Mailman list services.  I think if someone who is willing to
ultimately provide support for it does their due diligence on a specific host,
you can try it.  We had looked at a couple of these when Chuck and I were first
considering solutions and the support was negligible on the ones we looked at.
Our use of AWS outside of the AFMUG list was minimal and short lived.

The $ 64K questions on switching, for me, would be…

  a.. Do they ever get blacklisted and what do they do about it?
  b.. Do they offer support when someone says the “list isn’t working, I can’t
get signed up, etc. etc.” ? and who interacts with them to bring about
resolution?
  c.. Do they deal with “firewalls” like Baracuda which are sometimes quick to
mark things as SPAM?

We also had looked at Yahoo and Google groups when we were bouncing ideas
around and I signed up for both of them.  There were specific limitations on
each but I don’t recall what they were.  It was 2.5 years ago.  We certainly
weren’t vying to spend money on a solution at that time.

Paul