We'll let you guys be the geniuses. We'll just buy the products. 

Jon Langeler
Michwave Technologies, Inc.


> On Mar 11, 2017, at 1:40 PM, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> For the math heads, I was looking at the voltage solution and the current 
> solution and noticed that if I set the radical to zero, that is the point 
> where the quadratic blow up.  I knew that was the minimum working voltage. 
> Anything above that and we are not a complex solution.
> 
> So I set the radical (perhaps the discriminant) equal to zero and solved.
> 
> -----Original Message----- From: [email protected]
> Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 11:35 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [AFMUG] So anti-climatic
> 
> This is what I was looking for when I started this quest.
> 
> The formula is so simplistic, it almost seems like for the amount of work I
> put into it it should be more complex.
> 
> If you cannot see the image, there is the bottom line.
> 
> If you have a device that uses a switch mode regulator, which is many things
> these days because the are efficient, cheap and small, you have a device
> that is essentially a constant power load.
> 
> If you have to power that constant power load, (like an SM or a VDSL
> ethernet line extender) over wires that have a significant amount of
> resistance, like 1000 feet of 24 gauge twisted pair, there is a lower
> voltage beyond which they will not operate.  (I would say to not exceed
> their input voltage either without zener protection).
> 
> That voltage is:
> 
> V(supply min) = 2 sqrt(PR)
> 
> Where P is the power of the load.
> R is the power wire resistance.
> 
> In my case, I need 48.99 volts or more.
> 

Reply via email to