Carl, what I meant was Gpon SFPs that have the OLT system integrated in the SFP
and you can plug them into any ethernet SFP cage, not the standard Gpon SFPs
that you need to install in vendors OLT base unit.

From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com<mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>> on behalf of Carl
Peterson <cpeter...@portnetworks.com<mailto:cpeter...@portnetworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM
To: "af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Micro GPON OLT

There are GPON SFPs.  I have a few of them in my lab.  Calix has one that they
use in another piece of equipment but you need their ONT image on the E7 to get
it to work with their gear.  They will sell you just the SFP, but its kind of
spendy.  I have a few that I'll test out with UBNT when I have time to rack up
their gear in my lab but it hasn't been my top priority as we love the
Gigacenters and UBNT doesn't have anything like them yet.

Gino A. Villarini

President
Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968

[cid:aeronet-logo_310cfc3e-6691-4f69-bd49-b37b834b9238.png]

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Jason McKemie
<j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com<mailto:j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>>
wrote:
I've seen low-count GPON OLTs, I just can't seem to find an industrial rated
model - besides something like the Calix e3-2.

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017, Josh Reynolds
<j...@kyneticwifi.com<mailto:j...@kyneticwifi.com>> wrote:
>From the looks of Google, a bunch of Chinese companies.

I know calix makes a 4 port line card, but you still have chassis, power
supplies, licensing, optics, etc.

On Aug 8, 2017 6:09 PM, "Jason McKemie" <j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>