My problem and some of the reasons I’m switching to Sonar are:

PCI compliance of Platypus, it was somehow always out of compliance the day
after I paid techs to put it back in compliance.

Running and hosting myself requires constant upkeep of the OS itself which
introduced problems now and then over the years.

I’ve hosted on my own hardware and it’s a PITA sometimes to deal with dual disk
failure and constant backups and testing of those backups.
I’ve had to rebuild my own hardware from scratch after a raid failure of
multiple disks, then finding out my backups were corrupt and outdated too.
We had to manually enter and catch up accounts by hand after that POS.

This time around I used the same platform but on a VM so I didn’t have to worry
about the hardware, it was redundant geographically.
But then on the 15th of this month THAT company went bust and closed down all
of its VM’s.
I am now back to hosting Platypus in a VM that I converted to run on my own
desktop right now, lol!

I’m moving to Sonar so it’s back with a hosted platform, but they are
responsible for everything to be current compliant and running.
That is a lot cheaper per customer per month than hiring a person to do that,
and even not much more than a good VM hosted platform that doesn’t crawl like
molasses when you RDP to it.

I moved my Quickbooks instance/server to Cloud9 when my VM host provider went
bye bye, and that is cheap, but man is it SLLLOOOOOWWW.

Plus they have a growing feature set that I like that integrates more and more
of my OSS features and ticketing and integration with paid tech/sales support
etc.

I like the idea of automation, and if they can come through the painful
conversion part and help me automate my systems then it’s a total win.

If they go belly up, I’m sure there is a way to get my data and make conversion
back to something else.
I’m not too worried about that as long as I set up backups that I can visibly
verify as having the information I need to rebuild somewhere else.