Similar case with me which I kind of already pointed out.

They couldn’t figure out a BGP issue and wanted to virtualize and put in a lab
and spend hours on top of hours analyzing.

I stopped them right there and said no thanks to that.

Then I called Dennis and he took a few minutes, found out it likely wasn’t my
problem, and worked with my upstream provider to fix it.

And it was fixed after some emails back and forth between all of us.

I asked IPArchitechs to refund me since they had charged me hundreds of dollars
to get nowhere.
One of their sales guys made out a personal check to me for some reason,
claiming his reputation was on the line or something like that.
I think it was a shady play at emotions, but I don’t have many emotions, so it
didn’t work with me, lol!

I took whatever little money they could refund me, however they wanted to
refund and ‘play’ that.
Then they gave me credit which I still have, to use.

Likely I’ll not be doing BGP stuff with them, but maybe they will do something
more benign, like standard server work.