Using the LUID private IP and changing the route from AP to AP is still going to take quite a bit of time, but certainly less than manually logging into every single SM.

However.. I've seen repeated problems using the AP HTTP proxy. Sometimes the session has to be dropped for it to work to a particular SM. Other times it fails to almost every SM and you have to reboot the AP.

You could use the CURL method and change all of the SMs to DHCP *and* enable SNMP write at the same time. That's probably what I'd do.