Can I vote for longer names or descriptions on things?
The character limit drives me nuts.

E.G.: I want to label a relay as "Relay1: Triggers external power relay for West Base Station". Right now it's more like, "Rel1 W BS".

------ Original Message ------
From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" <li...@packetflux.com>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 2/2/2018 6:54:53 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] [WISPA Members] 450m power

I have a preference for a switch that works.

My challenge has always been to find a chipset I trust which is fairly easy to integrate, is obtainable, and is available in industrial temperature range. Over the years I've looked at numerous chipsets and have never found any that I would feel comfortable to provide to my customers.

The industrial temperature range issue was probably the biggest one since the vast majority of chipsets are only available in commercial range and I refuse to ship a product which contains chipset only rated down to freezing (there's a reason why we've never had any temperature related failures that we can recall). Of the remaining chipsets, many of the manufacturers only sell to large-volume consumers. They have no interest in doing business with an organization which doesn't do a million units of a product.

Well the never part was true until recently. A trusted vendor of mine recently released a switch chipset with 5 Gigabit copper ports, 1 GBIC port, and 1 management port, and which seems to be able to be integrated well. I need to spend some time with the eval board which is sitting here, but other things have taken priority.

Over the last couple of months, we've pretty much finished all of the pending projects, and so I'm working on figuring out which of the partially started projects around here I need to pick up and run with. There are some which are minimal work which will likely get done soon (i.e. producing medusa-compatible cambium sync products in various other form factors, and finishing a couple of i/o board which are basically done).

Of the rest, part of what I'm going to be listening to at WISPAMERICA is what people are needing. I really don't want to build things people don't want, so I'm going to be listening as to what people are looking for. I've got lots of ideas, just not sure how many of them are really of interest.