I'm sure you already thought about this, but is it possible to make a device that recovers automatically after the short circuit has ended while also responding fast enough to protect the port?

Is it a case where it's possible but costs too much?

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 2/14/2018 10:27:32 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] POE Fuse ...

We have been shipping for months.
The cost of having a Netonix port repaired is more than the cost of the fuse. And then there is the labor and downtime and other intangible expenses involved in blowing a port.

The prices are lower if you buy from one of my distributors. I don't encourage anyone to buy off my ecommerce site and pay full list price. That site is only there to generate sales for distributors.

All of my products have prices based on cost plus margin. Same formula across the board pretty much. I try to have unique products you can't get other places. If volume increases on a product, I sometimes adjust the price down due to the fact that my costs come down. For example, if I am buying 1000 surge protector PCBs, I may be paying $1 for each. But if I am only buying 100 of them it may be $2.50.

I recently adjusted the cost down on my 8 circuit tower surge protector for exactly this reason. Volume picked up, I worked on sourcing and buying and was able to drop the list price considerably and still maintain my margins.

-----Original Message----- From: Faisal Imtiaz