From: Mathew Howard
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:29 AM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Rfelements

I'm not sure if the RF Elements horns are rated at 3db or 6db, but I know RF
Elements list the beamwidth at both points for their normal sectors (which is
the best way to do it, if you ask me). It seems to be a lot more common these
days to use the 6db beamwidth for marketing purposes, but I think there are
actually some valid reasons for doing that - if the manufacturer is recommended
that you use antennas that are 90 degrees at -6db, rather than -3db for an ABAB
deployment, for example (which is the case, with some of them, if I remember
correctly), then it makes sense to sell those as a 90 degree antenna, so that
the people that don't bother to check things like that don't buy the wrong
antenna.