They sometimes have questions unrelated to my service. No way I’m paying a call
center somewhere for that.

That was one of my biggest issues with out sourcing.

However, for example, we had a guy call the customer service line last night at
8:30. Didn’t leave a message. Called right back and chose support. I didn’t
answer it. Left a message saying he was moving and wanted to schedule the move.

Customer service closed at 6. Support is open until 9.

The button mashers will drive you broke.

And if the customer had a question unrelated to my service I definitely don’t
want to pay someone to take the call.

If the issue is a major down - we know about it from alarming 24x7.

Our voicemail includes instructions on how to power cycle.

Anything else - customer is paying for residential services. They can leave a
message. Some don’t. That shows the issue wasn’t even really important to them.
And they never call back either. They either figured it out, or it became
irrelevant.

I’ve thought (though won’t) about routing all support calls to voicemail to
weed out the non important calls.

And as I’ve talked about in other threads - I used the several hundred I would
have paid outsourced and hired an employee.

Now during the day I have my own level1 support person who also doubles as
billing, sales, office staff, Tower hand, and part time installer.