On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at 7:36 AM, korrelan wrote:

"the brain is presented with external patterns"
"When you talk to someone"
"Take this post as an example; I’m trying to explain a concept"
"Does any of the actual visual information you gather"

These phrases above, re-read them, are more related to a
consciousness/communication layer IMO an open system.  "Presented", "talk",
"explain", visually gather., etc..  I totally agree this "layer" surrounds
something much deeper which you are referring to and I wasn't describing yet
only in a weakly represented form. Your model looks like it has a complexity
barrier, or on your particular emulation of the human brain. Still not closed.

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at 7:36 AM, korrelan wrote:
> Does any of the actual visual information you gather from
viewing ever leave your closed system? You can convert it into a common
protocol and describe it to another brain, but the actual visual information
stays with you.

Yes! But it's representation is far removed from the input... How far away?
This is very tedious to describe in detail mathematically the description of
which we could spend much time discussing. I'm not pursuing a complex system
model perhaps that's our disconnect here?

John