On Friday, September 27, 2019, at 8:59 AM, korrelan wrote:
> If the sensory
streams from your sensory organs were disconnected what would your
experience of reality be?  No sight,
sound, tactile or sensory input of any description, how would you play a part/
interact with this wider network you describe… you are a closed box/ system and
only experience 'your individual' reality through your own senses, you would be
in a very quiet, dark place indeed.

Open system then closed?

Jump into the isolation tank for a few hours. What happens? You go from full
duplex to no duplex transmission. Transceiver buffers fill. Symbol negentropy
builds. Memetic pressure builds. Receptivity builds. Hallucinations occur.

I'm not trying to convince but to further my own thoughts, I guess the question
is to what extent are we individuals? Are we just parroting patterns and memes
and changing them a little then acting as switches/routers/reflectors? Some
people are more reflectors and some add more K-complexity to the distributed
intelligence I suppose. But I think that we have less individuality than most
people assume.

John