On Saturday, November 13, 2021, at 4:52 PM, Rob Freeman wrote:
> Vector Parser - Cognition a compression or expansion of the world? - AGI-21
> Contributed Talks
> https://youtu.be/0FmOblTl26Q

Rob, I enjoyed the talk you gave there is a lot of good information covering a
range of topics.

I agree with expansion, I view it really as both. Take human memory, some rare
people can actually recall every day of their lives. I believe that we all
could though we don’t actively recall due to various reasons. The brain’s
visual memory though could be simply modelled as lossy compressions streamed
onto an internal expansionist structure. This model would then be (many to
less-many without inverse?) IOW a multi-source, single target lossy compression
into expansion.

By taking the various components of the compressionist systems model and
essentially expanding them we can present extended operational models with
various utility. An example would be a compressor that learns across
compressive actions instead of only within one, or compressors that share
knowledge by operating in parallel, or say a compressor that is single source
multi-target like compressing into an assemblage of partitioned targets. Some
of these then blend into other popular AI structures like neural nets. There is
no fine line it seems. The expansionary model I’ve focused on is a single
target duality where there are compressionary and expansionary forces occurring
simultaneously since human general intelligence is a multi-agent intelligence
and the single target duality is related to the consciousness in the agent
where consciousness is communication protocol. Agents perform compression
detection with other agents in order to communicate lossylosslessly with
language...