AIT restricts attention to the direct phenomenon -- the actual bits coming
into the sensors.  It assumes the most "unbiased" stance with regard to
those bits.  Any a priori interpretation of those bits, such as assuming
they're from a lossy compression mechanism -- is what phenomenologists call
"the natural attitude".  The bits aren't "bracketed" so as to
decontextualize their interpretation and thereby free the interpretation
from any biases.  This kind of thinking is necessary to science.  Because
it is not applied to the soft sciences, we are, instead treated to endless
discourse about "statistics" -- which is basically just another word for
trying to hide bias that would be disclosed by AIT.  That "discourse" is
about to erupt into bloody conflict the likes of which we haven't seen
since the Thirty Years War unless we start using every weapon in our
arsenal of rational thought to defuse this impending quai-religious
conflict.