On Sunday, November 14, 2021, at 8:41 PM, James Bowery wrote:
> The term you're looking for is "overloaded" but perhaps your choice of
> "overridden" is more appropriate in the current context since it is usually
> the case that overloaded terms are disambiguated by their context of usage.

LOL we also have the context of software engineering James, being an engineer I
was mentally accustomed to using "overriding" in regards to polymorphism in
OOP. There are interesting boundaries related to theory and implementation in
the virtual worlds created in software. Things get wired together in various
ways cross-context to make them work. For example, in OOP entropy methods in a
thermodynamics class could be overridden when using entropy methods in an
information theory class.

“Method overloading means writing two or more methods in the same class by
using same method name, but the passing parameters is different.”

“Method overriding means we use the method names in the different classes, that
means parent class method is used in the child class.”

But you’re right linguistically we’re talking about overloaded terms. But I
don’t think I’m really overloading them I think they are getting used correctly
but just getting implemented in non-traditional ways.