On 5/1/07, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Well, you see I think only the virtual agent problems are truly
generalisable. The others it strikes me, haven't got a hope of producing
AGI, and are actually narrow.

I think they are all generalizable in principle, but the virtual agents one
is the easiest one to do in a generalizable way...

But as I said, the first can probably be generalised in terms of agents
seeking goals within problematic environments - and you can see how, in
principle, at any rate, an AGI that mastered some such problems, might go on
to master related but nevertheless very different problems re very different
environments.

Agreed

ben