Isn't it indisputable that agency is necessarily on behalf of some
perceived entity (a self) and that assessment of the "morality" of any
decision is always only relative to a subjective model of "rightness"?

I'm not sure that I should dive into this but I'm not the brightest sometimes . . . . :-)

If someone else were to program a decision-making (but not conscious or self-conscious) machine to always recommend for what you personally (Jef) would find a moral act and always recommend against what you personally would find an immoral act, would that machine be acting morally?

<hopefully, we're not just debating the term agency>