On 6/12/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> If you think my scheme "cannot be fair" then the alternative of
traditional management can only be worse (in terms of fairness, which in
turn affects the quality of work being done).  The situation is quite
analogous to that between a state-command economy and a free market (or
actually identical?)

I don't find the situation analogous at all and once again you haven't
answered my direct questions about your proposed managerial board -- How do
you intend to select this board?  How do you intend to keep them honest?
How is this truly different from my "trustworthy owners"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Board members will be nominated and elected by the entire group, and
hopefully we can find some academics who have reputation in certain areas of
AI, and are not contributors themselves.  I tend to think that they will be
more judicious than other types of people.

Also can you explain:

1.  why you think that my scheme will lead to systematically incorrect
estimates of contribution values?

2.  why you don't see the analogy between a peer-estimated attribution
system and a free market, versus a state-command economy and a CEO-directed
company?

YKY