On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 12:49:43PM -0700, Morris F. Johnson wrote:
> Integration of sociopolitical factors  into a global evolution predictive
> model will require something the best
> economists, scientists, military strategists will have to get right or risk
> global social anarchy.

FYI, there was a story on slashdot a few months ago about the NSA doing
exactly that ... and not just for the first time; rather, I think it was
to announce the start of work on version 3.0 of the thing. Why this was
announced publically, I don't know; maybe it was a way of
resume-fishing.

(I recall the simulation level being 1 "virtual human" per 10K real
humans.  They'd all be fed the daily dose of local headlines, and
some experimental propaganda, to see if they'd organize terrorist
cells, or peaceful protests, or whatever.  I wondered who'd be
getting the virtual propoganda: virtual Iranians, or virtual
Americans?)

--linas