YKY,

There is not really a fundamental difference here as I understand it--
it is convenient to think of the KB as a hypergraph, and this way of
thinking of it does suggest some interesting implementation decisions
that I wish I knew more about (ie opencog uses an exotic type of
database), but this is not essential. Paging through the OCP book, you
will often see examples written in sentential form.

--Abram