>> Relatively a small amount of code is my own creation, and the libraries I
>> used, e.go. Sesame, Glib, are well maintained.

Steve is a man after my own heart.  Grab the available solid
infrastructure/libraries and build on top of it/them.

To me, it's all a question of the size and coherence of the communities
building and maintaining the infrastructure.  My personal *best guess* is that
the Windows community is more cohesive and therefore the rate of interoperable
infrastructure is growing faster.  It's even clearer that *nix started with a
big lead.  Currently I'd still say that which is best to use for any given
project depends upon the project timeline, your comfort factor, whether or not
you're willing to re-write and/or port, etc., etc. -- but I'm also increasingly
of the *opinion* that the balance is starting to swing and swing hard . . . .
(but I'm not really willing to defend that *opinion* against entrenched
resistance -- merely to suggest and educate to those who don't know all of the
things that are now available "out-of-the-box").

The only people that I mean to criticize are those who are attempting to do
everything themselves and are re-inventing the same things that many others are
doing and continue to do . . .