Ego death! This is not as pernicious as it sounds. The death/rebirth
trial is a standby of the psilocybin excursion. One realizes one's
self has vanished and is reincarnated into all the strangeness of life
on earth as if being born. Very much an experience of the physical
vessel being re-filled with new spirit stuff, some new soul overly
given to wonder at it all. A sensation at the heart of most tryptamine
raptures, I think... certainly more overlaid with alien imagery when
induced by say psilocin than say, five methoxy dmt. But with almost
all the tryptamine/indole hallucinogens this experience of "user
reboot" is often there

As if the user, not the machine, is rebooting.

Worthy, but outside list scope ._.