John:Just by defining "bricks" you are already applying rationalist
hand tying due to the fact that even your abstract "bricks" have a limiting rationalist inducing structure... Maybe "bricks" are too rationalist, I want
to use "gloops" to build creative things that are impossible to build with
bricks.

John,

Smart observation, and dead right. Bricks are indeed basically rationalist.

Gloops - or I would say roughly circularish blobs, like a child's - are essential for AGI.

Sound silly? Arguably the most essential requirement for a true human-level GI is to be able to consider any object whatsoever as a "thing." It's a cognitively awesome feat . It means we can conceive of literally any thing as a "thing" - and so bring together, associate and compare immensely diverse objects such as, say, an amoeba, a bus, a car, a squid, a poem, a skyscraper, a box, a pencil, a fir tree, the number 1...

Our "thingy" capacity makes us supremely adaptive. It means I can set you a creative problem like "go and get me some *thing* to block this doorway [or hole]" and you can indeed go and get any of a vastly diverse range of appropriate objects.

How are we able to conceive of all these forms as "things"? Not by any rational means, I suggest, but by the imaginative means of drawing them all mentally or actually as similar adjustable gloops or blobs.

Arnheim provides brilliant evidence for this:

"a young child in his drawings uses circular shapes to represent almost any object at all: a human figure, a house, a car, a book, and even the teeth of a saw, as can be seen in Fig x, a drawing by a five year old. It would be a mistake to say that the child neglects or misrepresents the shape of these objects. Only to adult eyes is he picturing them as round. Actually, intended roundness does not exist before other shapes, such as straightness or angularity are available to the child. At the stage when he begins to draw circles, shape is not yet differentiated. The circle does not stand for roundness but for the more general quality of "thingness" - that is, for the compactness of a solid object as distinguished from the nondescript ground."
[Art and Visual Perception]

P.S. But to answer your criticism directly - had I not posited the bricks analogy first, one could not move on to develop a "blobs/gloops" analogy. The rational form is essential for defining the creative (or more creative) form. And similarly, I have realised that rationality is essential for *formally* defining creativity.