Valentina,

It's a v.g. point & does refer. You're saying there is no individual without
social intelligence, and we'll need a society of AGI's. It does refer to
creativity. Every creative problem we face is actually, strictly, inseparable
from a whole body of creative problems.  In trying to solve the engram problem,
 Richard is not a lone hero, but a part of the vast collective enterprise of
science/scientists trying to understand the brain as a whole, and his eventual
discovery will have to dovetail with others' efforts. So not just one AGI, Ben,
a whole society of them.  He's on to it.

(And every problem we solve - just using language - is also interdependent with
the whole society's efforts/problems - and use of language).Of course, only a
woman would think about other people here :).
  Valentina:

  Not in reference to any specific current discussion,

  I find it interesting that when people talk of human like intelligence in the
realm of AGI, they refer to the ability of a human individual, or human brain
if you like. It just occurred to me that human beings are not that intelligent.
Well, of course we are super intelligent compared to a frog (as some would say)
but then again a frog is super intelligent compared to an aunt.

  Anyways my point is, the reason why we have achieved so much technology, so
much knowledge in this time is precisely the "we", it's the union of several
individuals together with their ability to communicate with one-other that has
made us advance so much. In a sense we are a single being with millions of
eyes, ears, hands, brains, which alltogether can create amazing things. But
take any human being alone, isolate him/her from any contact with any other
human being and rest assured he/she will not achieve a single artifact of
technology. In fact he/she might not survive long.

  So that's why I think it is important to put emphasis on this when talking
about super-human intelligence.

  That was my 2-in-the-morning thought. I guess I should sleep now.