Ok Off topic, but not as far as you might think. YKY has posted in "Creating
Artificial Intelligence" on a collaborative project. It is quite important
to know *exactly* where he is. You see Taiwan uses the classical character
set, The People's Republic uses a simplified character set.

Hong Kong was handed back to China in I think 1997. It is still outside the
Great Firewall and (I presume) uses classical characters, although I don't
really know. If we are to discuss transliteration schemes, translation and
writing Chinese (PRC or Taiwan) on Western keyboards, it is important for us
to know.

I have just bashed up a Java program to write Arabic. You input Roman
Buckwalter and it has an internal conversion table. The same thing could in
principle be done for a load of character sets. In Chinese you would have to
input two Western keys simultaneously. That can be done.

I know HK is outside the Firewall because that is where Google has its proxy
server. Is YKY there, do you know?

  - Ian Parker