Jim Bromer wrote:
> The fundamental method of Solmonoff Induction is trans-infinite.

The fundamental method is that the probability of a string x is proportional to
the sum of all programs M that output x weighted by 2^-|M|. That probability is
dominated by the shortest program, but it is equally uncomputable either way.
How does this approximation invalidate Solomonoff induction?

Also, please point me to this mathematical community that you claim rejects
Solomonoff induction. Can you find even one paper that refutes it?

 -- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com