On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Charles Walker wrote:
>> Again, I object.  -G.
>
> I feel this is grossly unfair. I am a new player with very few notes
> and intend to gain most my Notes/ new currency of them through
> proposals. If I have to pay to get them distributed, then this becomes
> almost impossible for me to do with the few Notes I have now. I even
> set the II of that proposal to 0, zeroing the number of Notes I could
> gain from it anyway. If your intention is to get the economy going
> then maybe you could spend some Notes?

An economy means trade, and often means helping or simple coalition
forming (e.g. a coauthor etc.?).  Take a look at the Conductor's report.
Many players have notes burning holes in their pockets.  Maybe if no one
feels it's worth paying for, that's a sign...?

That being said, the economic system should indeed have a "new player
salary" just for said getting started.  I'll not object further to
newish players' proposals on economic grounds until that's fixed (this
proposal has already been objected to by others for unrelated reasons).

Basically, the right answer to balance "arbitrary proposals" with
"quality proposals" is a pay system, but with everyone getting a minimum
salary (say equivalent to 3-4 proposals/month).

-G.