I've hosted and played in non-Nomic Blitz PBM games before, and, while this isn't the most argumentative bunch I've seen by any means, I have to say this group produced the highest quality logical and legal argumentation I've ever seen. I was really impressed. I thought there was some excellent stuff in the calls to judgement, the associated discussion, and the verdicts. Even when I thought it was bogus, I found it to be creative and/or well-executed bogosity.

Agoran CFJs take days or weeks. In XX it was 24 hours, and people were online at different times. In some cases it seemed like people were cranking out these fairly long well-reasoned monologues out on the fly. I guess that comes with experience or something? I AM NOT WORTHY.

There was some talk of legalism/logicism or idealism/pragmatism. Maybe relative to the group I'm very far off one end of these scales. I also expect the question of _objectives_ made a big difference. On the last turn, a fairly large coalition simply voted themselves joint winners. I'm curious _when_ did this coalition form? And generally, to what extent were people trying to win?

As to the ruleset itself: I don't think I have anything new to say about the technical issues. On the higher-level end, I don't care much for win by paradox. And maybe the biggest bug is majority rules. Maybe not so good when things get really competitive. To be sure, these are opinions I held before the game started, and likely are minority opinions.

Credit to Aaron Goldfein not only for rounding up the old-timers, but also for coming up with the idea for the game in the first place, about two months ago. Charles Walker posted a wake-up two weeks ago, reminding us that time was ticking. I was a fool who happened to be in a position to pick up the ball and run with it, so I did.

And the turnout sure was a lot better than I expected! Thanks to the old-timers and "kids" for a fun game, it really was a pleasure. And thanks to all Agorans who were not playing XX for putting up with our antics for a couple of weeks. We return you to your regular Nomic shortly...

Yours,
Dan Mehkeri