Yes, however the action of Ratifying itself wouldn't have been able to
happen because it would've attempted to change the rules, with are
preconditions in the rules that already existed for the ratification itself
to take place.

Imagine we added that:

"Ratification can't be performed by anyone.", and then I attempted to
Ratify and the Ratification "passed". It wouldn't have actually passed -
just looked like it - because the Ratification wouldn't have been able to
be done in the first place.

That or the Ratification actually didn't add Rules, but that would
contradict "When a document is ratified, the gamestate is modified so that
the ratified document was completely true and accurate at the time it was
published. Nevertheless, the ratification of a document does not
invalidate, reverse, alter, or cancel any messages or actions, even if they
were unrecorded or overlooked, or change the legality of any attempted
action."

Or, even if it was illegal, it actually happened (considering " change the
legality of any attempted action."), in which case, can I attempt to do
illegal stuff and have it be successful as if it was legal?

So, before that Ruleset Ratification, there weren't circumstances for such
a Ratification to actually be performed.