I find that, when economic limits are put on proposals, inevitably it
becomes less "why do I need to pay to propose" and more "why do I need to
pay to fix this typo". It's true that I did pay in this case, but pending a
proposal is very expensive right now (non-officeholders can only propose
3/month if anyone else objects). Making it harder to propose simple fixups
is very bad for the game because they tend not to get written. If you have
3 proposals per month, are you really going to spend one of those on a
small fix that everyone agrees is good? Imposing delays on simple fixup
proposals is not good either, especially since they're the sort of
proposals that are easily forgotten so the author may forget to resolve the
intent.

It's tempting to play spoiler and just to object to all intents to prove a
point, honestly.

(disclaimer: in the above, when I say typo, I'm assuming that we can't use
the cleaning rule on it because it involves some semantic change)