IIRC proposals are instruments with power, and that power is never revoked.
Unfortunately, I don’t think a temporary rule would do the trick—unless we
ratified the history of the PAoaM rules (something I’d rather not do), every
future FLR might be technically “incorrect” unless we figured out the ruleset
actually looked like after PAoaM got enacted. The rule allowing the FLR to be
“wrong” would need to stick around at least until we got rid of PAoaM, which
would be annoying. I guess having a long-lived proposal effect isn’t actually
any better than having a rule, but at least we don’t need to keep a record of
it? I’m not sure about the best course of action here.

Gaelan