Excuse me, but have you seen how big the groups of contiguous land units are? Capturing any unit except ATMunn's lone white unit would be nearly impossible. And it's not like it's gonna stop being that way any time soon. It only costs one more apple to make a land unit that you can choose the color of than one that you can't. I can only forsee these groups getting bigger and bigger and harder to capture as a result. Your idea is nice, but it ignores a larger problem.