On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 10:38 +1100, Madeline wrote:
> What if we set up these things to self-ratify after, say, a quarter?
> That way we know we don't have to dig up years of history if
> something does go wrong, but we don't run the risk of getting into
> trouble with something important that just gets missed for a couple
> of weeks?

Things like "the published ruleset is ossified and nobody noticed"
happen occasionally, I think. (IIRC it was a consequence of a
Rulekeepor error, not a broken proposal.)

Ruleset ratification is something we used to do every now and then, but
it needs a /very/ careful scam/bug sweep, and sometimes a sweep to
ensure that proposals were Rulekept correctly.

It might be interesting to have an essential/inessential rules split,
for which the essential rules were considered to be enough to "reboot"
Agora, or fix it in case of emergency, and the inessential rules were
everything else. Then we could have periodic ratifications of
inessential rules, and apply a very high level of scrutiny to
amendments to the essential rules. (Out of interest, would Agora with
only power 3+ rules be ossified?)

--
ais523