On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 23:15, Timon Walshe-Grey <m...@timon.red> wrote:
> On Monday, February 18, 2019 11:05 PM, James Cook <jc...@cs.berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
> > Can a proposal designate a change as a convergence? I worry about "in
> > accordance with the rules" in R214.
>
> I think this part of R106 accounts for that:
>
>                     Except as prohibited by other rules, a proposal that
>       takes effect CAN and does, as part of its effect, apply the
>       changes that it specifies.
>
> The same thing also happened in Proposal 8129, with nobody complaining,
> though I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it worked.

How exactly does that apply? Are you saying that because the proposal
CAN apply the change it specified, and that it specified a change
designated as a convergence, it did in fact apply a change designated
as a convergence? I feel a bit uncertain; maybe the proposal fails to
designate its own specified change as a convergence (because the rules
don't explicitly allow a proposal to do that), but does apply the
change.

Anyway, is the text "To the extent allowed by the rules" harmless at least?

James