> Sure, it would fix the DMARC issue, but it would also make it very hard to
> tell at a glance who sent which message. Modern mailers have a lot of
> features for that, but they’re all based around the from line.

I just checked the way Discourse does it (or did it in October 2018).
I see for example an email from "Marcos Benevides
<nix...@discoursemail.com>", where the nix...@discoursemail.com is the
same for all senders.

With that method you could see the name at a glance, but it might be
tricky to tell exactly which email address it was sent from, which is
probably bad. But maybe it could be configured to say "Jon Doe
(john...@webmail.com) <agora-em...@agoranomic.org>".