Okay, first, practical matters:

* Given your position on the matter, Aris, I don't plan to push for
this change any time soon.

* I'm still keen to try out the power-0.5 mini game. I have at least
one correction which I'll post separately. I'm curious to hear your
thoughts.

----

Now, less-practical matters (separating this part out since it feels
like more of a debate with no immediate impact, though the sub-game
might make at least part of it relevant).

> How does this help? Specifically, how is it any better than what exists now?

I think it is a *slightly* simpler and more elegant way to implement
ratification than what we have now, and I also think it's a fun idea.
Clearly, we disagree, on the first part at least!

On the topic of whether whether or not a higher-powered rule would be
required--- do you think enacting my (proto-)proposed mini-game would
help resolve our disagreement? (Maybe it would resolve the question of
whether multiple timelines are created too, or maybe we just disagree
on the definition of "timeline".)

On the topic of added uncertainty --- I take your point that right now
most facts relevant to the game are possible to know based only on
knowledge of past public messages. Indeed, my proposed mini-game would
deliberately add more situations involving this kind of uncertainty.
However, if the idea were carefully applied to ratification, I believe
the uncertainty would not often come up in practice, beyond having to
sometimes re-file a CFJ after CoEing a report that's not consistent
with our beliefs. I would be curious to see an example where you think
it's likely to cause a real problem. But I'm also happy to let this
matter rest for now and focus on the power-0.5 test.

--
- Falsifian