  From: Geetha Shamanna
  To: 'Share, empower &Enrich'
  Cc: 'Vikas Kapoor'
  Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 9:18 PM
  Subject: RE: [Ai] Fraudulent Transactions on Credit Card

  Hi Vikas,

  If you haven't already done so, please call the Corporation Bank's call
  centre and have your credit card blocked immediately. Regardless of whether
  the merchants have claimed the amount, your card has been used by someone,
  who still has your data and can use the card again for further transactions.

  Once this has been done, check with the call centre about the complaints
  procedure they follow in order to report credit card fraud, and submit the
  required documents.

  Credit cards are normally insured, and once the dispute has been resolved,
  you will not be asked to pay the amount. While the dispute is being dealt
  with, the bank should make a temporary credit to your account in order to
  balance the books.

  My Citibank credit card was used fraudulently many years ago to purchase air
  tickets worth Rs.25,000 in Europe. This happened when I still lived in
  India. The bank immediately contacted me and blocked the card. Although it
  took them three months to investigate the fraud, they did not charge me
  anything.

  If the Corporation Bank refuses to do its part in investigating the
  complaint or applying card insurance, you should cancel your card and
  approach the consumer court for redressal.

  Geetha