From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kelly Pierce
Sent: January 2, 2018 8:23 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Best WAV to FLAC converter

My best choice is Exact Audio copy. I choose EAC because the bulk of
my conversions are CD to FLAC or MP3 conversions. I have ripped my
entire CD collection and that of my friends with EAC.  It will also
convert .wav files to MP3. It uses the LAME encoder.  Honestly,
anything using LAME will produce a great result. LAME is more recent
technology than the licensed Fraunhofer technology created in the
1990s.  EAC encodes using the offset of your CD ROM drive and it
compares every data sector of the .wav file ripped to your hard drive
to the .wav file on the CD. This verification is conducted up to 30
times for each sector, producing literally an exact audio copy of the
disc.  I recommend it because after learning EAC, you don't want the
hassle of learning anything else.  EAC and LAME have so many different
commands and settings, it takes days to learn most of them.

If you are converting spoken word audio, then almost any audio editor
would work fine as far as quality goes. These include Studio Recorder,
Audacity, and Goldwave.  It would be helpful to know more about your
project to determine the best software for your needs.

Kelly

View/Reply Online (#167): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/167
View All Messages In Topic (4): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/7732191