Yep, John, for copyright purposes EAC cannot be offered for free and
have an MP3 decoder. However, anyone can download and install LAME for
free in seconds and it will work with EAC. Loads of tutorials online
explain how to configure LAME for EAC ripping.

Reed, I have been using EAC for about 10 years.  I do use the review
cursor some but it has been a highly usable experience and the results
are spectacular. Now, my CD collection and that of my friends can be
accessed on my iPhone.  I am also making ringtones from the EAC
encoded MP3 files You have to be a computer nerd to like EAC. . Kelly

View/Reply Online (#169): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/169
View All Messages In Topic (6): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/7732191