Certainly the Echo Dot 2ND machines I have here sound Tinny compared to the
Google Home Mini which sounds okay so if there’s anything around the same size
that sounds better then I’m all for it and I wouldn’t waste any time in ridding
myself of the Amazon 2nd Generation Dot machines and replacing them.
Unfortunately the amazon 3rd Generation Dot doesn’t seem to be available in
Australia yet.
I have 3 other Amazon echo machines here, the Echo first Generation, second
Generation and the Echo Tap which doesn’t seem to be widely supported here any
longer for whatever reason. Its a pity as I like the idea of a portable unit
which sounds quite reasonable and can play nice and loud which the Echo Tap
does.
The Echo 2nd Generation certainly sounds better than the First and I like the
idea of the line-out at the back of the 2nd Generation, I don’t think the first
had any connections at all apart from the AC input.